KEYNOTE: We are very happy to announce that Nicole Forsgren (VP, Research & Strategy at GitHub) and Angie Jones (Senior Developer Advocate at Applitools) will give a keynote on:
Research vs Reality: Test Automation and DevOps as Key Enablers for High Performing Teams
UPDATE: CSE/QUDOS will be hosted virtually on September 15th 2020 – Please register via the ECSA 2020 registration site: https://ecsa2020.disim.univaq.it/attending/registrations
DON’T STOP ARCHITECTING!
Please check the message from the ECSA 2020 General Chair on COVID-19.
5th Workshop on Continuous Software Engineering and 6th International Workshop on Quality-Aware DevOps
In order to develop and deliver high-quality products to their customers, software companies have to adopt state-of-the-art software development processes. To face this challenge, companies are applying innovative methods, approaches and techniques like agile methods, DevOps, Continuous Delivery, test automation, infrastructure as code or container-based virtualization.
These new approaches have a high impact on the specification, design, development, maintenance, operation and the evolution of software systems. Therefore, common software engineering activities, organizational forms and processes have to be questioned, adapted and extended to ensure continuous and unobstructed soft-ware development (Continuous Software Engineering). So far, there is a lack of systematic approaches to face these challenges.
The goal of this workshop is to present and discuss innovative solutions, ideas and experiences in the area of Continuous Software Engineering (CSE).
For the second time, CSE and QUDOS join forces to foster cross-fertilization and bootstrap an even bigger, stronger community around the urgently emerging topics they are both addressing from different angles.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Foundations: DevOps Engineering & Quality Assurance Methodologies; integration with lifecycle management; automated tool chains; patterns & smells;
- Architecture: Scalability and capacity planning; scale-out architectures; cloud-native application design; microservice-based architectures; model-driven architectures; architecture evolution and erosion
- Development and Tooling: Software models and requirements in early software development phases; automatic functional and non-functional testing; languages, annotations and profiles for quality assurance; analysis, verification and prediction; optimization-based architecture design; Infrastructure-as-Code
- Operation and Maintenance: Application performance monitoring; model-driven performance measurement and benchmarking; feedback-based quality assurance; capacity planning and forecasting; performance anti-pattern detection; traceability and versioning; trace and log analysis; software regression and testing; security and privacy; software health and self-healing; containerization and immutable infrastructure
- Continuous X: Continuous Delivery and Continuous Experimentation; deployment pipelines, canary releases and partial rollouts; A/B testing; performance and scalability testing via shadow launches
- Applications and Experience: Case Studies in cloud computing, Big Data, and IoT/Edge Computing; standardization and interoperability; novel application domains, etc.
- All other topics related to quality in DevOps and agile service delivery models
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished papers that are not being considered in another forum. We solicit full papers (max. 12 pages), short papers (max. 5 pages), and industry abstracts (max. 2 pages). All submissions must conform to the Springer CCIS format.
Each full paper submission will be reviewed by at least three members of the program committee.
Papers should be submitted via EasyChair at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=csequdos2020
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to attend the workshop and present the paper. Presented papers will be published by Springer in the ECSA 2020 workshop proceedings.